I have been participating in the PRPnet June Genefer Challenge, and was quite alarmed to find myself in the top-ten participants! (considering I'm usually around the bottom of the first hundred in most BOINC challenges!).
I believe this is mainly due to the fact that, while most Windows-BOINC users wouldn't mind a nice new badge, it's just too much 'schlep' to mess with that "editing the *.ini file" thing.
So I dusted off my old PRPnet Editor program and upgraded it to handle EVERYTHING in the latest 'prpclient.ini' file, then prepared a 'mini-package' that can have a 'Dummy' Windows user running PRPnet Genefer CPU tasks with just a couple of mouse clicks! (still 5 challenge days left!)
1. Download this package to any convenient location (like your Desktop or "My Documents")
2. Right-click the "GenPRP.zip" file and select [Extract All] - which should make a folder called "GenPRP"
3. Dbl-Click the GenPRP folder to open it.
4. Dbl-Click the PRPeditor program to run it.
5. Enter all your BOINC (Email/User/Computer/Team) details in the nice, friendly (tooltipped!) dialog that pops up.
6. Dial in the number of 'threads' (CPU-Cores!) you would like to run.
7. If u have a 32-bit OS (Win-XP!) then untick [genefer64] and tick [genefer32]
7. Click [Update All Threads] to create the thread folders.
8. Click [Start All Threads].
9. Sit Back and wait for the credits/badges to come rolling in!!!
NOTE: this 'Mini-Package' ONLY contains programs/settings to run CPU Genefer tasks (to make it quick, simple and painless to begin with!) - but once you have 'dipped your toe in', u can download the Full \programs\ package from the PRPnet download site and copy all the other programs to your PRPClient* folders.. then u can use PRPeditor select whatever you like to run!